The Phillips County Neighborhood Revitalization Plan is a county-wide tax rebate incentive program aimed to stimulate economic growth through improvements in existing properties and new construction. Increase the assessed value of your property by at least $10,000 and qualify for a rebatable percentage of your property taxes over the next nine years. New building construction, property rehabilitation and additions to existing buildings within the legal boundaries of Phillips County are eligible to qualify and participate in the program.
To qualify for the program, you must:
- not have started construction until Part 1 of your NRP application has been approved by the Phillips County Commission.
- increase the assessed value of your property by a minimum of $10,000.
- comply with all building and zoning codes.
- not be delinquent with any taxes. Delinquency will disqualify the parcel from the program.
- adhere to the complete list of eligibility requirements as outlined in Section 7 of the Phillips County Neighborhood Revitalization Plan.
|Estimated Increase in Valuation||Application Fee|
|$10,000 - $50,000||$25.00|
|$50,001 - $150,000||$50.00|
|$150,001 - $300,000||$75.00|
|$300,001 - $500,000||$125.00|
|$500,001 - $1,000,000||$200.00|
|$1,000,001 - $5,000,000||$300.00|
Rebatable taxes are determined by the taxing districts that have opted into the program where the improved property is located. The rebate amount is figured using the initial increase in valuation and are at decreasing percentages for a nine year period.
|Years of Eligibility||Percentage of Rebatable Property
Tax Increments of Participating Taxing Districts
Applications must be submitted, in person, at the Phillips County Appraiser's Office. Construction on your project must commence until your NRP application has been approved.
For more information about the program, contact the Phillips County Appraiser's Office (785) 543-6810