THE IMPORTANCE OF A REVENUE RECOVERY SPECIALIST (RRS):
At Gravy, we consider our Revenue Recovery Specialists to be our center of gravity. Without you, Gravy doesn’t exist. We strive to accelerate freedom for our clients and their customers. You have a human approach to recovering failed payments, and you interact with customers with respect and empathy. You know that there is a person first, and a payment second. We have a mission to return 1 billion dollars back to small businesses by 2023, and we can’t do it without you.
BONUS - understanding the role of the RRS will help you in any other position at Gravy in the future! That’s why we train all new team members on what the Revenue Recovery Specialists do each day. Yes, you (and this role) matter that much!
WHAT YOU OWN (Yes, you own it, you are responsible for it, and you will crush it!):
- You are responsible for managing the GRAVY Recovery System for an assigned roster of clients.
- You are responsible for maintaining accurate information, communicating with our client’s customers, and delivering agreed upon results of recovery efforts.
- You will learn all of your clients technology systems...their payment processor, their CRM, their email system.
- You will learn your clients’ brands and how to adapt your voice to speak to their customers.
- You will provide a focused, relentless and systematic approach to recovering failed payments.
- You maintain the highest focus on accuracy.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A REVENUE RECOVERY SPECIALIST:
- Each day, you’ll access your clients’ failed payment information & manage the GRAVY Recovery System to save payments through logging in to each of your clients’ systems (payment processors, CRM’s, email systems, etc.)
- You’ll follow our playbook for payment recovery to ensure you are reaching out to customers (and following up with them) in a timely manner. You love a good process and knowing what needs to be done each day.
- You communicate well with people (mostly through exceptional written communication), and understand that there is a human behind each payment. You have respect and empathy for everyone you come in contact with.
YOU WILL LIKELY EMBODY THESE CHARACTERISTICS:
- You do what you say you will do when you say you will do it and own up to when you mess that up.
- You approach life with optimism and see the good in situations and people.
- You enjoy people and are able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- You are tech-savvy and aren’t afraid to learn a new platform.
- You thrive on routine and you probably write things down on a checklist, just so you can mark it off.
- You love working behind the scenes and knowing that you’re making a difference in the lives of others.
- An inefficient process drives you crazy. You are always looking for ways to work smarter, not harder.
- You see things that others often miss. You love details and data and aren’t afraid to speak up about what you find.
- You are a problem solver and aren’t dependent on others to tell you how to move forward.
- You can follow direction from leadership and don’t need to be micromanaged.
- You are self-motivated to produce agreed-upon results.
- You take constructive criticism and run with it...without hesitation. You desire to GROW personally and professionally.
- A Revenue Recovery Specialist is a work from home, full-time, W2 position. Our core working hours are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM - 5 PM EST. To recover the most revenue for our clients, and be the most successful in your role, you’ll be expected to work your accounts each day and be responsive to your Gravy teammates within 2 hours during our core hours, as well as respond to your clients’ customers within 24 hours. Also, if the last day of the month falls on a weekend, you will also need to work all of your accounts that day. (That only happens 2 or 3 times a year, but we like to be clear about what’s expected so you aren’t surprised!)
GRAVY’S CULTURE & BENEFITS:
- We have 5 core values that drive who we are, the decisions we make, and the team dynamics.
- We approach life with optimism.
- We take initiative.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We build others up.
- We do what we say we’ll do.
- We’ve always had a remote culture, so while we don’t provide snacks in a break room for you, we do provide personal and professional leadership development and a #oneteam mindset where we all win or lose together. Slack is our HQ and a current Gravy team member once said, “I feel more connected to my teammates at Gravy, even being states away and never having met anyone in person, than I ever did sitting in an office for four years at my last company.”
- We all gather together for an annual summit to focus on YOU. Your development and your growth. Expect these 3 days together to be one of your favorite times of the year. It won’t disappoint.
- We have a weekly all-team meeting that’s unlike any other meeting you’ve ever been a part of. Think inspiration. Think motivation. Think appreciation. That’s what you get at Gravy.
- We take care of our team first. Our team is more than just a number. They are humans. And we bring the human approach to our team, our clients, and everything that we do.
- We have unlimited flexible paid time off following a 90-day waiting period & we actually require that you take a minimum of 12 days off per year. We want you to recharge and take care of you!
- We offer medical benefits starting on the 1st of the month following a 30-day waiting period for our team members.
- Medical? We got it.
- Dental? Got that too. Smile!
- Vision? Our vision is to accelerate freedom for our team and our clients, but yes, we’ll take care of your eyesight too.
Gravy is an equal opportunity employer.