County Attorney FAQ
No answers matched your search
Who do I contact if I am the victim of a crime?

If you are a victim of a crime please contact the County Attorney Office and/or the Sheriff Department. 

Where do I report a crime?

 You report a crime to the Phillips County Sheriff Office. 

As the victim of the crime, is It my decision whether or not to prosecute or file charges?

No, after checking the report it is up to the County Attorney whether charges are filed. The County Attorney will take your opinion into consideration when making decisions.

As a crime victim, do I have any say regarding bond conditions (including not contact orders)?

Yes – you need to make sure the Sheriff Department and the County Attorney know your position.

Who do I contact if I have a question concerning a case in which I am the defendant?

If there has been an attorney appointed for you or you have retained an attorney this is who you would contact.  If you are processed, you can ask the County Attorney. 

What is a diversion agreement?

 A diversion agreement is an agreement between the County Attorney and the Defendant where the defendant has to meet certain obiligations and upon meeting all of those obligations the case is dismissed. 

How do I know if I am eligible for a diversion?

The County Attorney's Office has a diversion application to pick up, complete and return it with a $10 diversion application fee. The County Attorney will determine if you are diversion eligible. 

Who do I contact if I have questions regarding child support?

If you have questions regarding child support please contact our attorney or Sunflower Services in Hays, Kansas. 785-621-2521

Who do I contact for questions regarding divorce?

For questions regarding divorce please contact a privately retained attorney.

Who do I contact regarding a Municipal Court Ticket?

For Municipal Court tickers please contact the Phillipsburg City Office at 785-543-5234

How do I file a small claims case?

Please contact the Phillips County Clerk of the District Court at 785-543-6830 and they can assist you. 

coutrhouse image