Health Department FAQ

No answers matched your search
Health Dept.
Do I need an appointment?

At Phillips County Health Department we offer walk-ins, but it is recommended to have an appointment scheduled to ensure prompt care. 

Who can use the Health Department Services

Anyone can use the Health Department Services. 

Do you see ill people?

Yes – Genny Robben - Rahjes APRN is available to see in the clinic on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Genny also cares for chronic care. Genny is available at the Clinic 8:00 am - 5:00pm including the noon hour. 

Do I have to pay for services at the Health Department?

Yes, however we offer sliding scale for most services. 

How do I demonstrate income or residential eligibility?

Income – Paystubs – Do not require residential eligibility except for Women Infants and Children (WIC).

Are your services confidential?


Do you provide interpreting or translation services?

We have a phone number on hand to call that helps with this. 

Where can I go for medical services if I don't have health insurance?

Phillips County Health Department – Sliding Scale to help those with and without insurance. 

How can I apply for state-assisted health insurance?

You can apply for state-assisted health insurance online or by visiting our office we have Paper Apps and DCF also has Apps. 

What are your clinic hours?

Monday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00pm; Tuesday and Wednesday: (Clinic Days) 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, open through lunch; Thursday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.   

Who can I talk to about starting a child care business?

Department of Children and Families (DCF) 

How do I contact a city/county department?

The City office number is 785-543-5234 and The County can be reached by 785-543-6825.

How do I get rid of bedbugs?

The best way to get rid of bedbugs is by conacting an exterminator and having it done professionally. It requires intense heat, etc. and equipment that most people do not own. Good housekeeping is essential.

How do I know if a child has headlice?

DCF (Department of Children & Families) can help lead you in the right direction. 

Where do I find information about headlice and how to treat it?

If your child's head is itching a lot check their hair for bugs and eggs. The eggs will be a tiny peralescent droplet shape about 1/4" from the scalp. It will be attached to the hair shaft and is not easily removed. It can vary from black, brown to light in color. If you are unsure our Health department can check for you. 

Where can I get a copy of my immunization records?

Phillips County Heath Deparment can get those to share with you. 

Where do I get a Temporary Food service permit?

Please contact KDHE (Kansas Department of Health and Environment) for that

How do I prevent tick-born illnesses?

Use appropriate repellant when outdoors and check body thoroughly after being outside. 

Can I get my blood pressure checked at the health department?


Do I need an appointment for my child's vaccination?

The Phillips County Health Department can do walk-in vaccinations; however scheduling appointments is beneficial for prompt service. The Health Department will need paper work and insurance verification prior to providing the vaccination. 

Do I need a pneumonia shot every 5 years?

 No, only one pneumonia23 shot is needed after the age of 65. If you have had one begore the age of 65 you should get another one after turning 65. 

Can I use my debit card to pay for shots?

Yes, you can pay with your debit card, however there is an extra fee

Will the flu shot give me the flu?


COVID-19 Resource Links
General Information
Pete Rogers
Assistant Director
Kassy Dewitt
Genny Robben-Rahjes
Phone Numbers
Fax: 785-543-6852
Emergencies: Dial 911
784 6th St.

Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
coutrhouse image